The holidays bring great opportunities to boost sales. With increased customer activity, you have to ensure that your Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system is capable of handling the extra load. Here are some ways you can optimize your VoIP system for the holiday rush to ensure that your customers have a positive experience and that your business benefits from the increased traffic.
Inspect your VoIP equipment
Sometimes, issues with VoIP have nothing to do with the hosting provider or the service itself. Instead, such issues are likely because of physical VoIP lines and devices. For instance, if your VoIP equipment is stacked too closely, it's more likely that users will experience low-quality calls.
To fix this, have your IT team inspect call quality, particularly if there are two or more VoIP devices located near each other. If they experience any glitches, simply moving the devices farther apart should resolve the issue.
Moreover, make sure that you routinely inspect all cables and connections to guarantee they are in good condition to handle increased utilization during the holidays. And if you have any old or outdated equipment, then it may be wise to get an upgrade so as not to experience any downtime or interruption of service.
Implement a VoIP monitoring system
By having a VoIP monitoring system in place, you will be able to anticipate any problems before they become full-fledged disasters. And with the increase in inquiries and customer support calls during the holidays, your organization can benefit from the improved responsiveness that this solution offers.
In implementing a VoIP monitoring system this season, consider the following:
For busy periods
- Set up call queuing with hold music or an accurate estimated wait time. This will help optimize caller experience.
- Leave your callers a comprehensive, recorded message. Provide them with alternate contact methods for support, such as calling a hotline, sending an email, or visiting your website or official social media page.
- If you have shorter business hours during the holidays, set up your VoIP configuration to help manage your customer's expectations. You can do this by rerouting their call or putting messages on hold.
For closed periods
- Take the hassle out of informing customers that your business will be closed during the holiday season by setting up automated messages or announcements. Let them know when you'll reopen so they can plan accordingly.
- Make sure your receptionist greetings are updated before the holidays to inform callers of your adjusted operating hours.
- Automatically direct incoming calls to staff members who are on duty and can accommodate customers.
Utilize dedicated support
VoIP is a marvelous technology that allows for enhanced communication at a lower cost. With VoIP, you can ensure your employees working from home are still able to connect with customers. Your VoIP system can be set up to serve both your and your customers' needs regardless of your holiday business hours. Calls can easily be diverted to mobile devices or remote machines, which allows your team to assist your customers when needed.
Partner with a trusted IT provider
The holiday season is a crucial time for businesses. A properly optimized VoIP system can help you manage the increased call volume and keep your customers happy. If you have any questions or need assistance selecting the right VoIP solution for your business, call us today. We’ll be happy to recommend the best VoIP solution for your needs and set you up for success this holiday season.